- Because the outfits are adorable and heck, like you need an excuse to buy more shoes.
- Because you had a bad experience with running (like middle school P.E. class) it’s time to redeem the run.
- Because your exboyfriend said something stupid to you and it’s going to feel damn good to post race photos on Facebook.
- Because you will build muscles you didn’t know you had.
- Because there’s a charity out there that needs your support and running is a great way to get them to save kitties and puppies or find a cure for cancer.
- It’s not your birthday or your anniversary, but you’d run for Tiffany.
- While you don’t need an excuse to go on vacation, a run-cation will help justify all of those margaritas and bbq you eat while on one.
- Because you are building bone density every time you run as well as muscle definition.
- Sock tan lines are totally sexy, especially when your former self didn’t get outside much.
- Damn. Sexy. Calves.
- Putting a 13.1 or 26.2 sticker on your car is hilarious when people ask what radio station it is.
- You will become stronger than you ever thought possible.
- You will go farther than you ever thought possible.
- Because crossing the finish line for the first time will be a memory you won’t forget.
- Because starting for that first run when you can’t make it around the block will be a memory you won’t forget (and trust me, it’s better than your first race!)
- You don’t just change your life with running, your running inspires others.
- The Disneyaddict in you just needs to run the parks.
- Because no other workout gives you bling at the end.
- You love cupcakes, beer or bacon, but apparently they don’t love your waistline so much. (Can I get an amen? I run for beer.)
- Because it’s time your sports bra actually was used for sports.
- You will learn how to be comfortable being uncomfortable and that level of grit and tenacity influences all areas of your life.
- Because nobody else gets to dress up in costume like it’s Halloween and run around a theme park.
- Because being able to really feel your body-the good and the bad, is a gift some people never get to experience.
- Because anyone can be a runner, especially those of us who don’t look like “runners.” The community needs more of us.
- But most of all, you need to run because it will propel the journey of the lifetime. Every step, every mile gets you one step closer to the person you want to be- inside and out. It’s a hard forged beauty you’ll thank yourself for later.
So, do you have a reason?
I’ll be running the Women’s Running Series, Nashville on September 28th, 2013, who is with me?
Get $10 off your Women’s Running Series Nashville registration with FITNSHAN(expires 9/28/2013)
Disclaimer: The Women’s Running Series is compensating me for this trip as a member of Fitfluential, but all opinions (especially the part about being an awesome slow runner) is entirely my own.