As you may have read, I love New York. In the few days I spent there roaming around, I loved the many shops, art, the street fashion and of course- the food.
I left New York longing to have a Vespa of my own and dreaming of all the fancy restaurants I have yet to try. One of my big life goals is to go back to NYC and watch a taping of The Daily Show and SNL. I will totally wait in line in horrible weather for that!
The fashion in Manhattan is what you’d expect- meaning, it’s everywhere. Fashion is deliberate on window dressings, people walking down the street, small street merchants catering to our love of design and color and even in the wait staff for some small hole-in-the-wall bakeries and restaurants. Honestly, I wish I had taken more pictures but at times I was too entranced with the experience to think to whip out my phone. So, here it is…
1. The notorious NYC subway which wasn’t as scary as I remember (my last trip at 19 yrs. old was a doozy!).
2. The view from my window in Manhattan, you can see the reconstruction of Ground Zero in the distance.
3. I didn’t make it to the Brooklyn Bridge, next time baby! For now, I enjoyed the flowers & architecture.
4. Ground Zero is still under massive construction and to see the reflecting pools one needs reservations (it was crazy busy).
1. Stopped in a little cupcake shop for a rice pudding.
2. Oh…and I also got a cupcake at said cupcake shop.
3. …and I might have stopped nearby for a mani-pedi (I had to get party ready!).
4. No, I didn’t buy these fab Betsey Johnson shoes (I did though pick up a different famous pair, more on that later!)
1. For Julie’s book launch party, we surprised her with flowers, homemade confetti and some champagne. Cheers!
2. So I cut it close getting to the airport…distractions, distractions. Silly Hello Kitty stops me every time!
3. Spotting Julie’s book in a Manhattan bookstore for the first time was such a thrill! We squealed like little girls..haha!
1. Roaming around Manhattan I saw this sign and had to giggle…no honking, really?!
2. Not-from-a-package Japanese ramen w/ all kinds of yummy stuff floating in it.
3. Isn’t this glamourous? Christian LouBoutin’s NYC location bathroom…expensive boxes chillin’ by the toilet. Lawlz.
4. This is my dream. Live in NYC, have a gaggle of pugs, ride a Vespa scooter.
I’m still deliberating if I shall be making the move to NYC. I’ve been talking it over with trusted friends, mentors & family…and heck, anyone with experience making the move to see if it’s a good move. Needless to say, I’m pumped and want to make it work.
Chances are, my business could take a turn for the worse (I hope not) and if I end up eating rice/beans, if I had to live on the financial edge, I’d want to do it in NYC. I’m 25 years young, impetuous and adventurous with no strings attached (hell yes!) and since I have no interest to move to London or Paris, this seems like the right move.
I have yet to make a final decision though my heart has already hopped in the metaphorical moving box, but feel free to weigh in. I get that NYC is crazy, expensive, cliché in some respect and could totally kick my ass…but that’s why I want to experience it. I’m ready for the risk, I’m curious about the reward.