I believe in the power of journaling. At times, when I have been overwhelmed or attempting to process something on my heart or mind, no other medium helps me more than the written word, with pen and paper. Though I love to blog, there are still so many things that are close to my heart and mind that need reflection, extra rumination and some brainstorming.
Off and on for years, I’ve kept a journal with basic lined paper, but I’ve also invested in guided yearly planners for more concentrated brainstorming & motivation. When I got the chance to review the Lorna Jane MNB journal, I was thrilled to see that it offered the best of both worlds- plenty of pages for freeform writing as well as more structured parts such as a calendar and activity pages. Oh yes, and just some pretty pages for inspiration….it’s a trifecta of journaling perfection.
2015 is going to be a big year. In order to hit your personal and professional goals, I highly recommend investing in a tool that will help you plan, plot, reflect and get inspired. I absolutely love this journal + planner combo from Lorna Jane to do just that.
This year, I’m focused on being more intentional on how I spend my time (as opposed to being busy for the sake of being busy), and moving outside of my comfort zone in areas of blogging and travel, and of course, I also want to work on building a tribe of support here in Chicago. Some goals can be measured in incremental changes, yet others, need to be daily, sweeping changes that are easily forgotten (like meeting new people here in Chicago is not something you put a timeframe on or can measure, but still needs to be consistent and intentional over a period of time).
If you have a variety of short goals and long term goals, actionable/measurable and broader goals mixed in- a journal can help keep you accountable. You can balance running more miles each week with a daily practice of being more grateful in the same place.
This year, I’m focusing on creating a more beautiful life for myself that reflects my sense of adventure, love of color & lots of activity…of course, the fitness fashion needs to reflect that a bit. Rawr.
I’m wearing the Diamond Excel Tank & Amy F/L Tights from Lorna Jane -which are officially my favorite new running tights this season. They are so comfy and they don’t slack when doing cardio or running!
5 Ways to Inspire Your Active Life in 2015
– Make small, gradual changes continuously. You may not go from couch potato to marathon runner in 1 year, but consistency and small changes are your friends. I’ve resolved to stretch every single day, even if I can’t squeeze in a full workout. It helps me stay committed, even if I literally only have 10 minutes.
– Find a friend. Sign up for a race, or simply email a buddy to help you stay accountable. This year, I’ve signed up for two races with friends so I know I have to get out and run, even when I’d rather just stay indoors and watch Netflix. Fitness should be fun- finding the right chemistry with someone to get you moving is key.
– Give it a rest. You want to be fit all year, not just in January. Scheduling in time to sleep is a given, but your “emotional batteries” keep the rest of you on track, so if you’re feeling emotionally exhausted or have a stressful situation at work you still have to keep in touch with how you’re feeling emotionally to ensure you’re not over indulging with junk food, or staying up late stressed about situations beyond your control. Your heart, mind and body are connected, you need rest.
– Invest in the right tools & experiences. Would a class pass for pilates get you moving? Or are you honestly inspired by taking a weekend trip to hike in the mountains? You will need gear and yes, to spend some money- but that’s ok! You can’t just get active by yourself in a gym- invest in classes, travel & weekend excursions to keep your routine less, routine. Oh yes, having the right gear helps too. I’m picky about running tights, the wrong pair drives me insane, so I gladly invest $99+ in a pair that’s comfy for anything!
– Take time to reflect. This is why I’m so excited to giveaway this great journal from Lorna Jane- active living is all about balance. 2 years ago I did nothing but run races for a year, but I rarely took time to reflect, recharge my batteries and see how my other choices could support that big goal of running half marathons. If you feel that you’re always go, go, go, take small steps to reflect and be in the moment so you don’t burnout!
If you’d like to win a gorgeous Lorna Jane MNB 2015 planner + journal- comment below to enter:
What is your big dream for 2015 & what smaller goals are you working on this year to make it the best year yet?
Our winner is Rebecca Jo!!! Congratulations, beautiful!
Also: The Lorna Jane MNB Diary is now 50% off if you can’t wait to see if you’ve won!
*Winner will be notified by Friday, 2/6 so please leave your email or Twitter handle when you comment! Open to US Residents only.
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Lorna Jane.