Today I’m excited to partner with Clean Origin for a more frugal and ethically sourced engagement ring!
There’s a dirty, not-so-little, badly kept secret within the jewelry industry. Those sparkling, dazzling diamonds you are drooling over at your local jewelers? They were most-likely obtained in ways that destroy the environment and/or exploit workers.
While progress has been made since 2000 when the issue of “blood diamonds” funding warlords in countries like Sierre Leone, Liberia, and and Angola came to light, the industry is far from perfect. Conflict diamonds still enter the market and eventually end up in your local store or online. Plus, many of the people who work for “reputable” mines that claim to only produce ethically sourced diamonds, are still exploited due to lax or non-existent worker protection laws.
Even when companies follow the guidelines put together by the World Diamond Council, the environment suffers from diamond mining. Land disturbance is a major side-effect of this type of mining, which involves the removal of large quantities of soil from the earth. This destroys animal habitat and dramatically effects the immediate and surrounding land permanently. Just for a pretty gem for someone’s ring finger.
But I get it: you want a diamond ring! And luckily there are huge strides being made to supply people like you with ethically sourced diamonds.
Introducing Clean Origin
Case in point, Clean Origin is a company that has embraced the science of how diamonds are created. Their gems are made by humans in a laboratory. No strip mining or human rights violations here, folks. Just chemistry and some amazing technology!
Unlike companies who sell certified ethically sourced diamonds, that cannot irrevocably guarantee their diamonds are conflict free, Clean Origin can! In addition:
- Clean Origin diamonds are indistinguishable from mined diamonds.
- Clean Origin diamonds are at least 30% cheaper than traditional diamonds and they also beat out their lab-grown competitors.
- Clean Origin diamonds are 100% real and certified.
- Clean Origin diamonds share the same optical, physical, and chemical composition as mined diamonds.
Ethically Sourcing Your Diamonds:
Pricing for a 1.00ct round diamond in J color and SI1 clarity. Minimum VG cut grade. (1.00 ct size includes stones ranging from .99ct to 1.02ct)
Create Your Own Setting
Clean Origin doesn’t just sell diamonds. They also offer a vast selection of solitaires, halos, and bridal sets. Or, create your own ring based on your budget and style.
Just for kicks, I created several dream engagement rings in a variety of budgets. I was super impressed with the prices and the bang you get for your buck. (I love the vintage settings! Be sure to check them out!)
- Every diamond that carried by Clean Origin is examined and graded by an independent diamond grading lab, so you know that you are receiving a legitimate product. Each stone is sold with a detailed Lab Created Diamond Certificate which notes all the details of your specific stone. The Certificate notes the Color, Clarity, Dimensions of the stone and also has a “map” of your stone showing you all of the “birthmarks” that occurred during the creation of your stone.
- Free overnight shipping is included with your purchase.
- If your ring doesn’t fit perfectly, they’ll resize it for free.
- Clean Origin offers a 100 day return policy, so if you aren’t 100% in love with your ring, return it with zero hassle. They will pay for the cost of return shipping on all ring and loose diamond returns by providing you with a pre-paid Fed-Ex return shipping label, which includes insurance.
- In addition, if your jewelry is damaged due to a defect in the manufacturing process, they will repair your item for free.
If you are ready to take the next step and purchase engagement or wedding jewelry, I definitely recommend Clean Origin. They go beyond ethically sourced diamonds with beautiful, eco-friendly gems for significantly cheaper than their competitors. They’re the kind of company you can feel good about buying from without sacrificing quality and cut.